This is a package policy is specially designed for small shopkeepers. This is a single policy plan combining the various insurance requirements of shopkeepers.
One shopkeeper can held only one policy for each shop in a specific location having separate books of accounts.
Rebate in premium is available if a minimum number of four sections is selected including Section I (b).
The policy comprises of following eleven sections:
Section I – Building & Contents -Covers shop building and/or contents therein against loss or damage caused by Fire & Allied perils mentioned as follows:-
- Fire, lightning, explosion of gas in domestic appliances
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Flood, Inundation, Storm, Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane, Tornado or Cyclone
- Aircraft or articles dropped there from
- Riot, strike, malicious damage, terrorist act
- Impact damage by rail or road vehicle not belonging to the insured.
- Earthquake or Fire or shock, subsidence and landslide (including rockslide)
Section II – Burglary & Housebreaking Covers contents of insured shop premises(excluding money and valuables) against loss or damage by burglary and/or housebreaking.
Section III – Money Insurance Covers loss of money in transit, loss of money/valuables whilst contained in a locked safe, loss of money contained in cashiers till and/or counter by burglary/housebreaking.
Section IV – Pedal – Cycles Covers loss or damage to pedal cycles belonging to insured by:
- Earthquake Fire and shock
- Fire, lightning or external explosion.
- Riot, strike, malicious or terrorist act.
- Burglary and/or Housebreaking or theft
- Accidental external means
- Flood, cyclone, storm, tempest, and other similar convulsions of nature and atmospheric disturbance
This section also covers legal liability of insured for death/injury to third parties or damage to their property arising out of use of the insured pedal cycles.
Section V – Plate Glass Provides coverage against loss of or damage to fixed plate glass in insured’s shop by accidental means.
Section VI – Neon Sign/Glow Sign Covers loss of or damage to neon sign/ glow sign by :
- Accidental external means
- Fire, lightning or external explosion or theft.
- Riot, strike, malicious or terrorist act
- Flood, inundation, storm, tempest, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, cyclone.
Section VII – Baggage Covers loss or damage to accompanied personal baggage of insured or baggage in connection with his trade, whilst anywhere in India, by accident or misfortune.
Section VIII – Personal Accident Covers insured and spouse and/or his children, named in the schedule and aged between 5&70 years, against bodily injury caused solely and directly by accident and resulting in death or permanent total or partial disablement or temporary total disablement within 12 calendar months of such injury.
Section IX – Fidelity Guarantee Covers direct pecuniary loss suffered by the insured due to fraud or dishonesty committed by any of insured’s salaried employees.
Section X – Public Liability Covers
- Legal liability in respect of accidental death or bodily injury to a third party or accidental damage to their property during performance of any act in connection with insured’s business.
- Compensation to insured’s employees under Workmen’s Compensation Act or Common Law.
Section XI – Loss of Profit Covers loss of profit due to interruption of business consequent upon loss or damage sustained by property insured under Section I of the policy due to insured perils.
It is necessary to opt for a minimum of 4 sections for this policy to be issued of which Sections I&II are compulsory.